Travelling Abroad


Advice and assistance on planning holidays with your pet, with Animal Health Certificates issued from our Horden branch.

Since Brexit, travel rules have changed for pets travelling to the EU, and pet passports are no longer valid unless it was issued in an EU country, or Northern Ireland.


You now need to obtain an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) to travel to the EU, and your pet also will need a microchip and a rabies vaccination. Additional criteria can apply depending on the country you are travelling to and the species of your pet.


Restrictions and requirements for travel to countries outside of the EU varies from country to country.


If you’re planning on making a trip, please contact us for more details as it can take a long time to sort out all of the required documents and treatments. It’s always a good idea to visit the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs website for guidance, as the rules can change.


Our vet Danny is soon to be able to issue AHCs. Please get in touch for more information.